Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ah Knupps, How Can I Love You Soooo Much?

It's been a rough week for me. See, I have two part-time jobs, plus I have a family and house and it's so crazy! I work for a family owned business (where the "family") was on vacation this week as the bookkeeper/office manager. I was alone in the office when I got a text from my 13 Year old son. "I just puked"

Wow, aren't those 13 yo boys eloquent?

Now when I was growing up, my mom didn't care to be bothered with sick children, and I remember that didn't feel great. So, I make sure I'm there when he gets ill. He's turning into a man though (you all know what that means during the flu).

So anyway rough week. I've been working a ton and starting to think about a full-time job instead of two part time ones. If I go back full time, I should definitely get a housekeeper right?? RIGHT??? It's ok. Silence implies consent, ya know.

Moving right along. About 18 months ago, I bought some merino/bamboo from Hungry for Handspun (I believe her etsy shop is closed right now) and spun it up into some nice laceweight. The color was mossy pond or something like that. The laceweight is similar to Zephyr so not super thing (which I like when knitting a garment) and it turned out just beautiful. The sheen is very pretty and the colors are not my usual cup of tea, but gorgeous.

CIMG2254

The pattern was quickly memorized (after the edging).

CIMG2255

Not showing the bamboo sheen.

CIMG2254

Since I finished this shawl, I haven't had any lace on the needles. In fact right now I have a sock. That's it!!! I have spinning going though.

No comments:

Post a Comment