Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I'm back! (and I'm Better than Ever)!!

I confess. I've blogged before. In fact, I even co-hosted a podcast for awhile years back. Unfortunately, my life took over, and my interests broadened (read: my short attention span got me interested in a billion more crafts). Thus the name of my new, multi-crafty blog was born. My husband constantly jokes about my cockamamie schemes and shenanigans. Big deal! Sometimes they even turn into something (not usually though so don't hod your breath or anything).

It's true that I really do have a crazy life, but if you come back, you'll be finding that out (maybe more than you want to).

Anyway, the point of THIS post is that we have friends having a baby boy soon, so I designed and knitted him a sweater (which you'll see later). In order to get myself motivated to get the sweater designed, I made the card to go with it!

CIMG2250

The inside sentiment just says "Congratulations on your new little monkey!" Basically the whole color scheme stemmed from the plaid paper. I picked that first and then rummaged for everything that would match it. That plaid paper is just SO pretty.

CIMG2251

In order to create this card, I used the products listed below. Come back and see the sweater!

Turquoise paper: Hallmark Core'dinations Cardstock (sanded)
Lime green and plaid paper: Martha Stewart Essentials Paper pack
Ribbon: Random $1 roll from Michaels
Image: Cuddly Animals file from SVGcuts.com
Sentiment: Stampin' Up!
Frame Stamp: 7 Gypsies
Ink: Stampin' Up! Summer Sun and Tempting Turquoise

Baby Card1

2 comments:

  1. I love the monkey's little belly button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is so cute! How can we limit ourselves to just one craft when they're all so seductive.....

    ReplyDelete